August 15, 2007

A leftover party

What a happy face!

Have you ever had a leftover party? I think they are also called a day-after party. They are the greatest parties to have. The house is still clean, the food is mostly already prepared so there is almost no work to them and no pressure.

You have to be careful about who you invite, though. Day-after parties are only for your very best friends as others might be a little insulted. You know, "You weren't good enough to make the A-list, but we have some dregs left over that you can come and have." Hahaha!

I invited my good friend E over for a little left-over party last night. We had some of everything left except deviled eggs, including several pinchos (kabobs) which had been prepared but not cooked. The food was just as good as it was on Sunday. I probably could have invited 2 or 3 people but I only invited E because he and I always have so much to talk about.

E is of Garífuna descent but lived most of his life in the U.S., including Texas. He mentioned recently how much he misses Tex-Mex food, so I really need to invite him over soon for that! He and I think alike on most issues and we always have a great time ranting and exchanging stories.

Tuesday night leftover parties! I recommend them.


Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...