March 22, 2007

Honduran "garden" snake

Ferocious even with its head cut off


Frank found and killed this snake in one of the jardineras (concrete planter boxes). It looked harmless to me, but no one asked me before they killed it.

Frank always likes to show me the scary things and then seems a little disappointed that I say, "Pobrecito" (poor little thing). He knows that I take pictures of weird things for the internet so he always brings them to me.


This is terrible to say, but it stayed alive for quite some time after Frank cut it in half. While he was posing it with a stick for the photo, the snake opened his mouth to attack. The tail end keep slithering for almost an hour.

The snake measured one meter (39 inches).

May he rest in peace.


Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...